I'm giving bonus points for songs that are actually ABOUT weather. (On Twitter, I also timed this so the songs could be listened to between tweets.)
So let's get started.
10: "It's a Cold Night for Alligators" by Roky Erickson and the Aliens. (And indeed it is).
9. "Cold as Ice" by Foreigner. (You can opt out of the ad.) Not necessarily about weather, so classic song drops a bit.
8. "The Weather" by Built to Spill. Great song; we're now moving into ones that are actually more weather-related. (This is actually from the album Ancient Melodies of the Future, which means our YouTube uploader was very, very lazy.)
7. "Ice Cold Ice" by Hüsker Dü. It's kind of about the weather, right? Right? (You had to know Bob Mould was getting in here somewhere.)
6. "Snow Day" by Fossil. This is so obscure that there's no uploadable content for it. It's all about the joys of a snow day. Rest assured, it's a great song. Rest assured.
5. "Blizzard of 77" by Nada Surf. A favorite of Scott's, which is good enough for me. We are now fully ensconced in actual weather songs.
4. "Hazy Shade" of Winter by The Bangles. Sadly, I did not know this was a cover until just now. Don't look at me like that. (FWIW, the YouTube clip sounds like it was recorded off a warped vinyl copy.)
3. "Like the Weather" by 10,000 Maniacs.
2. "The Sound of Winter" by Bush. A great song by a band who finally figured it all out 15 years later.
And at #1... drum roll please....
1. "Snow" by jj72. It's just awesome. Such angst and confusion, it's really quite brilliant. A long-forgotten