Thursday, June 20, 2013

Re-post: The Fireman - Electric Arguments (2008)

With Paul McCartney coming to town and some of my new readers attending the show, I decided to re-post this review from 2009 for their interest.  Enjoy!



As The Beatles release two new box sets and Rock Bandit seems appropriate to review Sir Paul McCartney's side project. I'm just going to come out and say it: this is McCartney's best post-Beatles album, at least for me. After the breakup, I prefer John Lennon and George Harrison, and never liked Wings, so from my perspective this is not going out on a limb; on the other hand, I've never heard anything I'd call "best" from McCartney before this. 

The Fireman - Dance 'Til We're High


It's raw, it's moody, it's got a snarl to it; even the vocals are rough and jagged. I really enjoyed it, and it's quite a surprise to see Sir Paul so edgy in his old age. Thanks for turning me on to this, Andrew!


CD Placement rating: Portable CD Case.


- Snilch

No comments: