Wednesday, August 06, 2014

10,000 Maniacs - Music from the Motion Picture (2013)

Sometimes, my stance on not reading reviews before not listening to albums really hurts me.  

So the gist of the latest 10,000 Maniacs album that I got was "first album in years" and "reunion."  What was not clearly stated in what I saw summarized was "Natalie Merchant is still not back after 21 years, and she ain't walking back through that door anytime soon."  

Therefore, this is more folk-rock with a Natalie Merchant sound-like vocalist, rather than alt-rock with Natalie Merchant.  And it's okay.  But that's all.

Then the unthinkable happens:  male lead vocals.  Bail.

CD Placement rating:  I am so full of rage I can barely see through the red to type this.  Who knows if it's any good, I will never listen to it ever again.  Pile of Death, you Natalie Merchant-less hippies.

- Snilch

No comments: