Friday, April 24, 2015

Rise Against - The Black Market (2014)

The latest offering from the most intelligent thrash-like music you'll ever hear is very similar to their previous albums - uptempo, high energy, full of sound and fury, signifying something.  I don't know whether this is classified as "post-hardcore" or not; on the other hand, I don't really particularly care.  What separates Rise Against from their contemporaries is 1) the expert use of melody against sheer walls of sound and screams, and 2) the lyrics, which are those of a poet.  It's a pretty intoxicating combination.

Highlights include "I Don't Want to Be Here Anymore," and "Tragedy + Time." 

Rise Against - "I Don't Want to Be Here Anymore"


This is tremendous to listen to while driving.  If I'm going to nitpick, this album runs a bit long and gets same-y after a while -- some listening fatigue does set in.

Verdict:  Portable CD Case.

- Snilch

No comments: