Friday, July 24, 2015

Weezer - Everything Will Be Alright in the End (2014)

I've always found Weezer albums to fall into one of three categories: brilliant (see Pinkerton), fun (see The Red Album), or dumb/redundant (see The Green Album).

I'd say Everything Will Be Alright in the End, Weezer's ninth studio album, falls into the "fun" category. There isn't necessarily a single on this album that would crack Weezer's top 10, and there's even more navel-gazing than usual (which is saying something), but if you were driving for an hour and wanted something up-tempo to pass the time, this would more than fit the bill.

My personal favorite from the song would be "Eulogy for a Rock Band."

Weezer - "Eulogy for a Rock Band"

If there's not a tune that ends up in a "Ten Songs I'm Constantly Listening to" list from a Weezer album, I consider that disappointing. But I'll keep it regardless. It's harmless fun.

CD Placement Rating:  CD Rack.

- Snilch

No comments: