Friday, July 11, 2014

Rogue Wave - Nightingale Floors (2013)

Following up on a great Record Store Day find, I decided to check out Rogue Wave's fifth studio album.  This album comes across as a light pop version of Sunny Day Real Estate, and if you're reading this blog, my guess is that you are into light pop about as much as I am.

The album is musically sound, and many of you might like it. But the album is curiously antiseptic, and void of any real life.  


Rogue Wave - Used to It

The other thing that this album suffers from is that there's a big difference between being quiet and being too simple.  I'm pretty sure they were aiming for the former, but I hear the latter.  I want to like this (I really do)... I just can't in good conscience.

CD Placement rating: "Used to It" saves this from the Pile of Death, but only by the hair of its chinny chin chin.

- Snilch

No comments: